Functional programming warmup section (Haskell)
The Warmup Section announced on 13.06 is starting at 15.00 until 19.00. You are welcome to refresh your knowledge in functional programming before the advanced sessions will start on Tuesday!
Place: ELTE Building C (Southern Block)
1st lesson (45 minutes): Expressions, types (arithmetic and Boolean expressions, lists, list comprehensions, parametric and ad-hoc polymorphism)
2nd lesson (45 minutes): Function definitions (pattern matching, recursion, guards, higher order functions)
3rd lesson (45 minutes): Algebraic data structures
4th lesson (45 minutes): Type classes
Coffee breaks and lunch
Lunch: 12:30-14:00 (except on Tuesday, 14.6)*
Coffee breaks: 10:30-11:00 and 15:30-16:00
On Tuesday (14.6) Morgan Stanley Hungary will host a lunch and the afternoon session outside the campus:
13.00 - 13.45: Lunch (sandwiches and snacks)
13.45 - 14.00: Welcome and introduction to Morgan Stanley (Bence Kodaj, Borbala Bindes)
14.00 - 14.30: Erlang at Morgan Stanley (Abel Sinkovics)
14.30 - 15.00: The Q programming language and the KDB+ database (Andras Gyorgy Bekes, Ferenc Bodon)
15.00 - 15.05: Closing remarks (Bence Kodaj, Ferenc Bodon)
- 9:30 - Meeting at the university, in the parking area of the building C (the eastern side of the building, Danube-side)
- 10:00 - Departure from Budapest with air-conditioned coach (English guide)
- 11:00 - Visiting the Royal Castle Gödöllő
- 12:30 - Departure from Gödöllő
- 13:30 - Arrival to Lajosmizse (cakes and welcome drink)
- 13:40 - Lunch
- 15:00 - Horse Show, visiting stables
- 16:00 - Departure (Arrival to Budapest at 17:30)
The banquet will be on 23th of June on the Fortuna Ship.
Location of the ship: Szent István park, alsó rakpart.
The banquet starts at 20:00.
How to get there (from the CEFP location): Get on the tram number 4 or 6 at the Petőfi híd, budai hídfő stop , approximately 20 minutes travelling (11 stops) and get off at the Jászai Mari tér stop. From the Jászai Mari tér 15 minutes of walking (900 m) along the river Danube to the north.